10 June 2012

Moving on

I've been taking a break from the blog for a while, as I've had a revelation of sorts - a new focus has taken over.

I have been working through 'The Artist's Way' (see my sidebar link) recommended to me by my closest friend Bell. I'm heading into Week 10 of the 12-week creative self-discovery course and the past few months have reignited a long-lost passion of mine... writing.

It came as quite a surprise to me - I thought I was fulfilling this outlet through blogging, however it seems blogging has been competing for my attention, rather than aiding it. It was only hinting at my true desire, while inadvertently keeping me from it. 

I've had the most incredible few months re-aquainting myself with the humble pen and paper, attending workshops, and learning about the fear of failure, and the fear of success. It's a difficult thing to admit that my true interest is not the thing that I've been expending all my wordy time on. And it has taken a lot of courage to admit I need to let go of something in the present for the sake of something bigger and better in the future.

So I'm winding it down here online... I'm still making things, playing with my new DSLR (love!), attending crafty festivals (and one Tim Holtz class at the end of July...). However I am putting all my words on paper now, rather than the interwebs. It's the first courageous step of many that I'll need to take to see my real dreams come to life; let's see where it takes me.

Thanks for reading! 

Jen.


1 comment:

Hila said...

This is totally understandable. For me, my blog fuels my writing. But when it stops doing that, I don't think I'll continue blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...